Thursday, May 6, 2010

Kernel update 2.6.32-22

Today I've checked the ubuntu updates again and... voila there was a new kernel. So I downloaded the current compat-wireless to prepare for my wireless fix and I updated.

Wireless was still not working , so I compiled compat-wireless bleeding edge: compat-wireless-2010-05-05. Works. Interesting is that two finger scrolling works now on the mousepad. But honestly I fiddled so much around to have this working that I don't know now if it's because of my workarounds or the new kernel.

Is this working for you guys now? Please tell me.

7 comments:

  1. nope, scrolling is not working by default with 22 kernel. The option two finger scrolling is not enabled to select

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same, I cannot enable the two finger scrolling, option is disabled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kernel and wireless working (thanks!)
    Two-finger scrolling not working yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Install linux-backports-modules-wireless-lucid-generic and restart. It works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First uninstalling the self compiled compat-wireless and then installing linux-backports-modules-wireless-lucid-generic did not result in a working wireless for me... How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Olaf!
    There was update of a kernel to 2.6.32-23. After updating I install "linux-backports-modules-wireless-lucid-generic" and wi-fi module start working. I didn't uninstall the self compiled modules.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wireless works out of the box with my 1001px. But the Keyring keeps asking me for a password when connecting the wifi. I just cancel the password and everything works ok. Two finger scroll does not work.

    Kernel 2.6.32-24 after update.

    ReplyDelete